пʼятницю, 17 грудня 2010 р.

Ivanov Down - Best Urban Technical Noises (1991)

Here it comes, the seriously fucked up sleep schedule. It's now 4.33 AM, I woke up about 3 hours ago. Which is one of the reasons I missed a local psychedelic/indie show, and I just hope I'm not gonna miss Ivanov Down this night.

They were one of the main acts on Soviet/Ukrainian early 90's underground post-punk scene with their "Best Urban Technical Noises" tape out in 1991. Highly experimental, merging gloomy post-punk melodics with industrial and noise rock sound, this record bears strong similarities to Trop Tard's "Photodrame". There's hardly any information about them available in English, and I don't particularly feel like translating biographies from Russian right now, but it all boils down to 'they'd been a bunch of freaks, then Perestroika came and they had to find real jobs'.

Now there's new line-up, and their album was released on CD in 2009 (with slightly different track listing). Well, theoretically 'slightly', 'cause the tape rip I downloaded some time ago has 21 songs instead of supposed 12, most of them untagged. Anyway, things are clearer with the CD version, which I advise you to check out.

The song below is 'Eyes' ('Glaza'), probably the most catchy and post-punk song they have.

Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар